03 March 2012

Painter 5

I've been doing some playing in Painter 5 recently, scribbling and doodling mostly. It's been awhile since I've shared my work (here), so I thought I post a few examples of what I've been up to.

I've been painting mostly with the impasto and liquid metal brushes, often on transparent layers so I can use drop shadows to appear to lift the strokes from the background.

Photobucket
Circles filled with a selection of Painter's weaves, embellished with an impasto brush that reminded me of piping frosting

Photobucket
I used "negative depth" impasto to create the holes, a filbert impasto brush for the rings, and an impasto eraser to create the metal buttons

Photobucket
various impasto brushes floating over a gradient background

Photobucket
various beveled shapes decorated with impasto brushwork

Photobucket
brush sampler

Photobucket
texture sampler

Photobucket
playing around with an airbrush and an eraser

Photobucket
impasto and liquid metal brush effects

Photobucket
watercolor brush effects

Photobucket
colorful woven strips, zig zag stitching and plastic buttons


Photobucket
Trying for the look of yarn, thread, wire and plastic buttons

Photobucket
"Textures at an Exhibition"

Photobucket
experimenting with impasto and liquid metal

Photobucket
more experimenting


***also: the blog's new header***
Link