17 September 2010

For Your Viewing Pleasure

Photobucket
I enjoy playing with an old computer art program I've worked in for many years, Painter 5. I keep an older computer with Win98 around and running mostly to support Painter (and all the files and customizations I've added over the years), and that set up works just fine. I did upgrade my graphics tablet (used to draw and paint) a couple of years ago, which is a big improvement.

I haven't done anything with Painter in awhile, but last winter I did a couple manipulations of a picture I took of a building in Ft Laramie, Wyoming. I shared them with a couple of friends at the time, then came across them today while searching for something else, and thought I would post the small collection of designs here. For your viewing pleasure.

Ft Laramie fancy roof
the original photo

manipulations of the photo into abstract designs, using Painter and Terrazzo (a Painter plug-in)
terr3

terr1

terr2