07 September 2010

Painting Shoes

Photobucket
It started with a a pair of tan brushed leather shoes, a bargain at the thrift store. Sadly, they just didn't fit my feet very well, so they languished in the closet for quite a while. I'd heard /read/ thought about enhancing shoes with a little paint and inspiration, and always thought it sounded like an interesting idea. Fast forward to about a month or so ago, when I pulled these shoes from the back of the closet while on a quick trip through trying to cull a little of the clutter. Looking at the shoe's design it struck me that it was the perfect candidate for experimentation with a little enhancement. I didn't take any before pictures, but all the painted areas were either tan (leather) or black (textured rubber). I am very pleased with the results, the shoes are drab no more!!!

The next pair I tackled were some shoes that fit fine and I like, except for the fact that they were mostly white. I don't care much for white shoes, so I applied some paint and changed them to blue, taking a cue from the shoe's light blue cloth interior.


Photobucket
Continuing in the experimental vein, I used a dimensional paint for the dk blue circle centers, which turned out to be a poor choice as they are peeling off. Oh well, the rest of the paint all seems to be holding up fine. And I sure like the blue better than all that white.

My most recent foray into the shoe enhancement realm was with this pair of originally all-black, lightly brushed leather shoes with the rocking-toning type soles. Here is what I came up with:


Photobucket

Photobucket

These shoes are guaranteed to channel attention to your feet. Simple doodling designs, drawn with a pen rather than painted with a brush like the others. Again, I am quite pleased with the results.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may not have noticed (obviously I didn't when I took the picture), but one photo of the "blue" shoes included a seed pod clinging to the laces. Here's an enlargement (which also highlights a sloppy glue job nearby):


Photobucket

And here are the seeds that remained after I brushed the pod away:
Photobucket
(Zooming in doesn't make the glue issue look any better, though...)