19 June 2012

Pictures From the Pawnee--1995

pawnee95logo

Once again, I am stepping back in time and posting a piece which would have been a blog post had blogging been around at the time. Instead, the account was printed, then preserved in plastic sleeves in a cardboard folder. Blowing off 17 years of dust, this seems a fine time to turn the story into the blog post it always longed to be.
And I say "once again" because I posted a similar piece here. Lots more information about the hardware and software used in that post.

Technology wise, 1995 was an exciting time. I had a new video camera, screen capture device and printer. My computer was hardly cutting edge, but it nonetheless represented a substantial investment, expensive enough that Joe and I were still sharing a computer. Digital (still) cameras were still in their infancy and hideously expensive. Scanners were pricy and produced fairly low-res grayscale images. On the software side, graphical interfaces and WISWYG were still fairly new concepts. Multi-tasking wasn't possible and much of what was possible was wonky and clunky by today's standards. But at the time, that wonky and clunky seemed novel and pretty streamlined and I did my best to take advantage of the possibilities it offered.

pawnee95-1




Photobucket




pawnee95-3




pawnee95-4

pawnee95-5


pawnee95-6




Photobucket
lastPage